Aunt Cindy made this ice cream at Bear Lake a few years ago and it has been one of my kids favorite homemade ice cream ever since. Lately I have been having trouble with dairy product so I made it with coconut milk and it is still so yummy!
1 1/2 quarts Half'n Half for non-dairy version use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
1/2 pint whipping cream Thai kitchen or other brand canned coconut milk or light coconut milk
18 oz pineapple juice
juice of 9 oranges
juice of 4 1/2 lemons
6 cups sugar use agave for those who are trying reduce sugar consumption; I use half the amount
Mix all ingredients together until sugar is dissolved. Put in a large ice cream maker and follow the ice cream making instructions. I like to use Cuisinart ice cream maker because there is no salt or ice involved and much easier to clean up. If you have use the Cuisinart, use 1/3 of the recipe and it fit perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment